Rangers show strong interest in Adamo Nagalo transfer - Why PSV drama may be an issue
Rangers are understood to be looking at PSV defender Adamo Nagalo.
Derek McInnes' side have won just one of their opening five matches since he took charge at Ibrox.
They have brought in Kosta Nedeljkovic and James Penrice to bolster their defence in recent days.
However, there is a feeling that they need more, especially at centre-back with Emmanuel Fernandez's poor start to the campaign.
They have already brought in Olwethu Makhanya in that position, but given that the boss does not rate John Souttar and wants to sell him, another body may not be a bad idea.
It seems their plans are set to accelerate after a new update emerged on their transfer business.
What is the latest on Rangers and Adamo Nagalo?
Rangers are reportedly back in the market for a new defender, as they look for difference makers.
A report from Africa Foot on Thursday claimed that the Gers have strong interest in Nagalo.
It stated that the Bears have added him to their shortlist to strengthen the defence, according to their information.
McInnes' side are understood to appreciate the 23-year-old's profile, who is under contract with the Eindhoven club until 2029.
The interest will bring back echoes of the Couhaib Driouech situation, where his deal from the same club fell apart.
Why PSV could prove to be a problem for Rangers' interest
It is difficult to see any deal happening, for several reasons, mainly the previous dealings with the Eindhoven club.
McInnes is currently not focused on signing a defender, he wants attacking reinforcements.
Speaking ahead of the Jablonec clash, he said: "Never say never, but the priorities are at the top end of the pitch, we need to bring players in there.
That is not to say we would not look elsewhere, but where we are at the minute, I hope the next signing is someone in the forward areas, that would be the priority."
Secondly, the relationship with the Dutch club is surely strained after the drama of their differing accounts on why the Driouech transfer collapsed.
The Light Blues believed he had an injury that would keep him out for several weeks, but the Eredivisie side said it was just a week.
Finally, PSV have had several deals break down at the last-minute, so the Govan side may be unwilling to risk it happening again.
The Driouech move, Nagalo's previously expected move to FK Corum, Ricardo Pepi to Fulham and Armando Obispo's switch to RC Lens have all not gone through despite being in the final stages.
They all make it seem unlikely that this one will ultimately happen.

