Ibrox Exclusive: Bruce claims Rangers won't be put off potential swoop for Lyle Taylor
We’re delighted to welcome former Scottish Premiership defender Alex Bruce as our exclusive columnist. Each week he’ll be giving his views on the biggest talking points at Rangers…
Alex Bruce has claimed that Rangers manager Steven Gerrard will not be concerned about Lyle Taylor’s refusal to play again for Charlton Athletic.
Speaking exclusively to Ibrox News, the former Kilmarnock defender suggested that the Gers boss will not be overly worried about the 30-year-old’s actions, even if they could be perceived as unprofessional.
Addicks boss Lee Bowyer revealed recently that Taylor is one of three players who are refusing to return to action for the London club if and when the Championship restarts later this month.
Bowyer has also suggested that the player is in line for a “life-changing” move this summer, with Sky Sports naming the Gers as one club who are keen to snap him up on a free transfer.
And Bruce has argued that Gerrard will not be put off by Taylor’s recent actions.
Speaking to Ibrox News, he said: “If he was a Rangers player I’m sure Stevie would have a problem with it, but the fact that he could potentially be signing for Rangers, I’m sure it won’t bother Stevie in the slightest.
“If they do want him I’m sure Stevie will be quite happy because it will shorten the chances of him getting injured, and he could end up with a very good player on his hands.
“So I don’t think it will be something that Stevie will be really too concerned about.”
Taylor has hit 11 goals in 22 Championship appearances for Charlton so far this season.
Swansea City, West Bromwich Albion, and Sheffield Wednesday are also said to be keeping tabs on the player ahead of a potential summer transfer.